PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder) apps to track your periods

I have been tracking my period for over two years. At first, my plan was to track my ovulation and my period. But as I researched my mood swings and depressive symptoms online, there seemed to be a link to my periods. That led to a deeper understanding of my mood swings and why it was not just PMS, but Premenstrual Dysphoric disorder (PMDD).

Tracking helped find patters, and patters show continuity. That helps doctors and other health care providers find a treatment plan sooner. If you suspect you have PMDD, tracking your moods or other symptoms can be a good place to begin.  

I highly recommend the Clue App. I have relied on it for two years and find it to be intuitive. It can show you patterns you may not notice, like when your PMS may start by showing clouds on the tracker before you're period begins. I would recommend the Clue App to anyone interested in tracking fertility, periods, moods, ovulation..it offers many tools. 




Other trackers I've used but don't prefer: 

Apple's period tracker: I did not like it. I gave it a go for three months and found it complicated. I got lost in the interface and felt it gave too many unnecessary tools. 

M.P.T. (My Period Tracker) - This was my first period tracker. It was great, tracked my period and had a basic interface. Since its last update it constantly asks to be upgraded for more features. If you pay for the service I think it is a decent tracker. 

....

My personal pattern is two weeks before my period my mood changes and I have a difficult time doing daily tasks. Learning my pattern led me to the aha! moment I needed to try and improve my life. 

Have a wonderful day!

-Kathy