Poem - Kobe - Feb 10th 2021



Kobe, 

To keep things positive can take a tremendous amount of grit. 

To dig within and find a place where resolution resides.


When things just feel unbearable.


I allowed my life to consume my soul. 

To feed my ego my own lack of empathy.


I had to take a step back and find balance. 

It takes a village is an understatement. 

The village should envelop us all.  


Kobe, through your determination and fortitude you amassed positivity.

Your image and words have shaped young and old. 

Given them hope to leave a legacy. 


To take small bites out of life. 

And savor the now. 

For all the blessings to come. 


Through your work ethic and later in life as a father, 

you taught others to grow. 


Turning a leaf and making it consistent isn't easy. 

But one day a time, savoring the small victories, can lead to greatness.


I'm on a road I've never traversed. Of less choppy waters.

I worry the bubble will burst, 

but like you've said, I need to take small bites out of it and savor my life one bite at a time.