Hump Day (updated x2)

Have a wonderful Wednesday :)

I have a few meetings today, school meeting for my son, my daughters speech therapy, and a video conference with my son's eye doctor. We get to find out if Noah will need a second eye surgery, or if glasses will correct his eye issues. 

As for me, I feel anxious.

I have my little one telling me to play slime with her, for two minutes. 

So I must. 


Have a wonderful day! 


Update: Jazzy's therapy session went OK. She gets in these moments of not wanting to repeat words, and being moody. What a pint sized diva!

The eye doctor had less good news. It looks like my son will need a second eye surgery to correct his right eye's deviation (to the right). Noah is not happy about the news. But for me, it's like a band aid, just tell him it's coming, and keep him informed. 

Still waiting for my son's school "townhall" meeting to discuss how online school will change now that hybrid school starts next week. We have decided to keep Noah online. I've felt like the school is not informing us as much as the students going hybrid. We're kind of like an afterthought, probably because we've been operating online for months. My son goes to a Dual Language school, so he is learning Spanish along with English. Spanish is integrated into all of his regular studies. How will they plan to teach Spanish and everything else in three hours is beyond me. 

BUT we are in desperate need of change. Noah was getting super bored with school and the pace of the lessons. 


Update (2):

Almost 300 Tk-6th grade students are returning to my son's LAUSD elementary school. The numbers worked so that no student had to change to a different teacher and everyone returning to school will be able to safely socially distance. 

Not so lucky are parents that have to work longer than the three hours their children will be at school. Currently the after school program is maxed out, one week ago 180 students had already signed up for the after school program. Ufffff, the need is great to work, provide for your family and give them a better life. 

As for Spanish, an hour and a half Spanish and then they'll switch to English for the rest of the day. It is only a three hour day online with teacher instruction and then three hours of independent work. Big changes coming.