A long week & a bitter sweet Friday

This has been a rough week. 

I've been doing everything I can, but it still fell short. 

I know the treatment is new and just beginning, but the feelings of failure and going backwards are ever present. 

I wish I were kinder, sweeter. 

That I would radiate love.

But on certain days, who I am is not how I want to feel. 

This was the week. 


It took me longer than it should have, but 

I reached out for help. 

I spoke to professionals who eased my pain, eased my emotional turmoil. 


There are victories to celebrated. 

In each day moving forwards, 

making the last day better.



Coming here today was not easy. 

I told myself I didn't want to. 

I stopped commitments, because I need the mental space. 


I have to give myself THE space. 

I know. 

Also GIVE myself grace. 

I will. 


Have a happy Friday,

Kathy