LESS than 1 minute planking challenge - Change your body (Goal: 2 minutes)




Plank pose (tee-hee)


I am a wrestling fan, an old school wrestling fan. My favorite wrestler is Stone Cold Steve Austin, and "That's the bottom line." I still enjoy watching wrestling, but with kids it is hard to keep repeating, "They aren't hurting each other,"  when it looks like they are.

Women's wrestling was a strange phenomenon in those old Stone Cold, Attitude Era, WWE days. Women were made to look either manly, or overly sexualized. The queen that was able to mesh both worlds was the 9th wonder of the world, Chyna. 

Chyna was sexy, stunning, and menacing. Degeneration X would never be the same without her, period. 

Today's female wrestler is a mesh between Chyna and your every day woman. Mean, nice, scary, crazy, pick your poison. All of them are beautiful and can kick ass. Nikki Bella is just one example of the many female wrestlers who made their names right along with the big boys. 

Nikki Bella welcomed a healthy baby boy in 2020 & named him Matteo. When she was ready to loose the baby weight she challenged everyone to try to do 300 sit ups a night.  I did 300 the first night. 

Then maybe one more time after that. 

That was it. I failed. I just don't follow through. I love Pilates, but I can't be consistent with the workouts. Perhaps it's not having the room for it, or a place dedicated to working out, but honestly it's me, more than likely. 

One morning, I read an article about a woman who tried to build up stamina to hold a two minute plank. she began with 15 seconds planks, then went up to 30 seconds, and increased the time by 15 seconds every other day, until she could hold a one minute plank. She suggested taking a one day rest in between each day, if desired. She also said your whole body will shake, but to hold the pose!

I started the day I read the article. 15 seconds! Done! I did one more 15 second rep and moved on. I counted 15 Mississippi's, lol. LOL.

Day two, I used my apple watch to take 30 seconds. I shook like heck, but I held on. 

It has been one month and I can hold on for a 1 minute plank. Due to unforeseen life crap, I stopped for about two weeks, but I'm back on! The changes I saw in my body were significant. I started to loose inches from my waist, something I had never experienced before. I would loose overall weight when running, or walking, but not inches from my waist. Honestly, I started to see a difference on my waist the first week. I always said my body shape was rectangular. No hips, just straight sides on each side, but planking has given me shape!! I highly recommend you try it. Even if you have a workout routine, incorporate planking for a complete transformation. 

Come shake like a leaf with me & plank! Its fun, and a self challenge, I like those over competing with others. 

Working towards 2 minutes! 

Have a great day!

Kathy