One oven, all problems

My oven is not hearing up properly. 

I found this out Thanksgiving 2019. It was my first time using the oven.

It went so bad, I threw the turkey away.

I got up early that thanksgiving morning, played music on my headphones. Rocking out, having a blast. Hours later we were scrambling to find fast food for our Thanksgiving Dinner.

This year, no turkey, over it. But I did get an oven thermometer. Turns out my oven is 40 degrees off. I bought the oven this way, and waited way too long to check its heat. Way past the point of a service call under warranty. Live and learn. 

I made brownies last night. It took longer to bake than I anticipated. Opening the oven door to a blobby brownie, not yet ready to devoured was frustrating! I think I need a second thermometer to know the heat all throughout the oven. Then I've got to look into fixing this oven myself. It won't get done on its own. And I'm tired of having to squat in front of the oven to check the thermostat, it may look cute, but sometimes I'm just ready to toss the food in there and get it done.   

But...everything propels me forward. The good, the meh, the worst. It's just getting me to the right place I am meant to be. 


Keeping a positive outlook,

Kathy