Pregnancy Apps - BabyCenter: My Pregnancy Today

Technology helped make my pregnancy a memorable experience. Using telephone apps (applications) I was able to listen to examples of a fetus' heartbeat, comparisons of his length to fruits and vegetables, and my favorite, able to see illustrations that "looked" like my baby. It was no surprise when one of the first questions I've been asked by pregnant friends is what apps did I use when I was pregnant. Many of us have smartphones and have grown used to the ease in which we find information, a pregnancy app is also useful in that way. Using apps while pregnant can really bring a smile to your face and builds a connection with your growing baby, because you get to "see" their development.

I downloaded many apps when I first found out I was pregnant. As time went on I deleted the ones that did not offer much content. As apps get updated, their content changes, somethings for the better and sometimes not. At the end of 9 months I was left with just tree apps, two were made by the same developer. The other is no longer in use.

First up: My pick for pregnancy tracking -
I really loved this app. I was constantly getting into it and checking out how my fetus looked. I loved the quality of the pictures. I also liked that I was able to customize my app with my son's information (age, future appointments, his name, potential due date...). When I used the app, over a year ago, the ratings were not as high as they are now. I looked around and found that they have updated it several times and have added new features, like adding a "'Bumpie' to watch your bump grow." I'm happy to see high marks for such an awesome app!

I guess one of the downsides was that I had to create a BabyCenter username. I was not too happy with having to log into BabyCenter, but honestly it has been well worth it. I really like their website and subscribed to their informative weekly emails. Since I used their infant app as well, I didn't have to create a new account.
*When I used this app it was free, but this may have changed.


This app is available at the Google Play and iTunes stores.