Somebody To Love - My Favorite

Music...

Music has been a big influence in my life. It inspires me to write, but above all to relax. My mind is a hyper one. I often have a hard time falling asleep because my mind is going over what happened that day, yesterday, four years ago... It's hard for me to unwind. So couple that with being pregnant, it wasn't easy to stop thinking about the future.

I enjoy listening to music, period. I'll give just about anything a listen, but I'm also a loyal fan. Some of the bands I go to when I'm in need some me time...

In no particular order:
Queen
The Doors
Spice Girls
Pink Floyd
The Eagles

All of these bands give me melodies that take me to more serene spaces. One band in particular helped me during my pregnancy ~ Queen!! I often listened to their Greatest Hits Album. I would sit with my bump, listen to the CD and grade papers, write comments on report cards, plan lessons...It has a special meaning to me. My son and I shared these tracks, often hearing them at work, during lunch while my students played outside and ran like crazies!! I was inside relaxing, with Queen.


For the next pregnancy I'd like to make a mix to take with me to delivery...

I just asked my husband to buy me some wireless headphones when that time comes around.

I told him he'll be holding the phone and i'd say, "Change the f-ing song!!!!" When it's time for a little change :D (He just nodded, as he tweeted about the Lakers)

But seriously, I probably wont even be able to keep those thing on. Still, music rocks!
Wishing I would have played something while I was in the hospital.


Thinking clearly(ish),

-km

This musically inclined post is dedicated to da homie, Lorena - xoxo


This the Digitally remastered version of the 1980's release :) See a complete track listing (with links!! Yay!!!) here.