Buying things you don't need

Hi!

My name is Kathy! I am 35 with two kids, a boy and a girl. Life can suck. I know...It's about perspective, but unless you change things, the outlook remains the same. So in my own ways, I've attempted to get out of my shell and write.

Today I had a moment. Face to face with the other person; it was stressing to hear the differences in how we  related to finances. If we see money differently, it makes it hard to justify spending money on myself. I really wanted a Duvolle spin-care system (face cleaning system). it was 75% off for black Friday, the cheaper one was about $39 and the other $69. I had it in my cart for days. I couldn't buy it, even when I had the money. Why is it then, easier for the other person to spend the money without asking the other or really thinking if there may be any repercussions?

Today I sit here with an overdraft fee and hurt feelings.

I didn't buy the face cleaner so therefore he shouldn't buy stupid shit, either?

I guess. Right! I know he works hard and should spend his money on things he wants, but we can't spend what we don't have.

Over the phone he said I was too hard on myself, that it's just paper.

I said that once to him, to make him feel better during a tough situation. He took my words and interpreted them in a completely different manner.

My reply was, perhaps he should be harder on himself.

What a bitch...right? No! I just want him to be more mindful.

....



Have a great day. Time to get some lunch ready for my son.